Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Journaling the Journey

I always get crazy ideas like this when it's late, and it is semi-late (currently 11:13 p.m.) I hope this can become almost like an online journal. A place of honesty and self disclosure. Jesus, I'll probably talk to you most of the time, but is there anything better?
Lord, You're good. My heart right now is intimacy with You. I desire You nothing but You, Oh God. Here is my prayer:

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple."
Ps. 27:4

If I could have one thing on this whole earth, Jesus, it would be to see Your face. Imagine the worldly things I seek after and how insignificant they'd become in Your presence. Imagine the boldness I'd posses to tell people about You. Imagine the perspective I'd have on the brevity of life. Imagine my desires and how they'd be Yours. Imagine my faith; I'd see mountains move, people healed, chains broken, lives restored.

Jesus, I want to see that now, though. I don't want to wait til eternity. Help me to live with that sense of urgency. Help me to believe that You're real enough, You're strong enough, You're powerful enough to DO those things today. I want Your reality to change the way that I live. I want it to change how I see, how I walk, how I speak, how I move, how I pray, how I eat, how I sleep, how I interact, how I worship, how I go to class, how I minister. I want it to revolutionize my priorities. Jesus, honor my prayer tonight. I pray that as I am intimate with You, You'd change me from the inside out.

"Let Your jealous flame come and write Your Name upon my heart, til all that remains is the light of Your countenance; And I will be satisfied when I awaken, as a lover of You."
-Misty Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment